I'm not really a ranting type of person in real life. Honestly, I'm not. This is my healthy therapy space where I can write about what ticks me off about other mothers, rather than having it rolling about in my head like a boiling vat of snakes.

Monday, April 9, 2012

Mothers who ... won't go anywhere without their kids

Recently I was talking to another mother about the possibility of my child going on a school trip to Europe. I should have thought first. This mother doesn't appear to have a life outside her children's. She is there for every excursion, every open day, every ...everything.

"I would never let C. go on a trip like that!" she said. "I've already spoken to him about that trip. We do those sorts of things as a family."

I was left carrying a load of guilt that I would even consider letting my child go - not that I was. I would add that this family takes a Europe trip every year, while my kids have never left the country. I'd also say that I think it would do C. an awful lot of good to experience something without his mother constantly at his shoulder.

But I guess that's just me.


No comments:

Post a Comment